Thursday, May 22, 2008

Los flores fiero


So, on May 3-4 I was in Lake San Antonio for the Wildflower Triathlon with the UC Davis triathlon team of which I am a member. I did the long course triathlon which consisted of a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike and 13.1 mile run. I really screwed up the nutrition part of the race. I had too much food by the time I was on the run and had to run 5-6 miles with awful cramps, it slowed me down by about 10 minutes, methinks. My total time was 5:39, not too hot, but whatever, I was just doing it because I have never done long course before. My roommate, Ben, Jesse and his friend also did the long course. A lot of other people from the team (over 10) did the olympic race, which is shorter. Anyway, I also got a really bad sunburn and almost crashed on the bike, twice, so I have to work on that.

1 comment:

heyroth said...

Dude, that's hard core. What did you eat before the race? Back in high school, i didn't have time to eat before my races so I usually ran them without any fuel. Worst idea ever.

Oh yeah, you should post some comments on Gary's blog some time...